All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn outstanding tribute to the timepiece, Telling Time explores the history of watches and clocks from 1550 to the present. With playful, poetic, and always ingenious examples, the book investigates how the display of time has evolved. Focusing on unusual formats and highlighting watchmakers inventiveness and artistry, the book provides a look inside the minds of a diverse range of designers and visual artists, in dialogue with the brands that have elevated the watch from accessory to art. From conceptual designs to luxury treasures, Telling Time draws on collections from Cartier, Hermes, Longines, Piaget, Apple, Seiko, Samsung, and many, many more to illustrate how far the timepiece has come and where it might be headed.
- Author BiographyChantal Prod Hom is director of MUDAC, Musee de design et d arts appliques contemporains, Lausanne. Fabienne Xaviere Sturm is honorary curator of the Geneva Museum of Watchmaking and Enameling.
- Author(s)Chantal Prod'Hom
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Weight1220 g
- Width214 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.