All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionMoral leadership matters. As world politics enters a new and dangerous era, judgment, constancy, moral purpose, and a willingness to overcome partisan politicking are essential for America's leaders. Tempered Strength finds the alternative standard of leadership that Americans are seeking in the classical philosophy of prudence. Ethan Fishman's new work brings together leading American political scientists-including Ronald Beiner, Kenneth L. Deutsch, and George Anastaplo-to discuss the evolution of a standard of prudential leadership both reasonable in nature and practical in scope. Section One studies the meaning of prudence and its evolution in the history of political science from Aristotelian phronesis to Xephon, Thomas Aquinas, Edmund Burke, and Michael Oakeshott. Section Two demonstrates how the theory of prudential leadership can be applied to practical political issues.
- Author BiographyEthan Fishman is Professor of Political Science at the University of South Alabama. He is the author of The Prudential Presidency: An Aristotelian Approach to Presidential Leadership (2000) and editor of three books, including George Washington: Foundation of Presidential Leadership and Character (with William Pederson and Mark Rozell 2001).
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication04/09/2002
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight426 g
- Width153 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEthan M. Fishman
- Foreword byFrancis Fukuyama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.