All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the global era, controversies abound over temporary labour migration; however, it has t previously been subjected to a sustained socio-legal analysis on a comparative basis, critiquing the underpinning concepts conventionally accepted as fundamental in this area. This collection of essays aims to fill that void. Complex regulatory challenges arise from temporary labour migration. This collection examines these challenges and the extent to which temporary labour migration programmes can be ethical, equitable and efficacious and so deliver decent work for workers. Whilst the tendency for migration law to divide labour law's worker-protective mission has been observed before, the authors of the chapters comprising this collection seek t only to interrogate why and how this is so, but to go further in examining the implications and effects of a wide range of regulatory mechanisms on temporary labour migration.
- Author BiographyJoanna Howe is Senior Lecturer and Rosemary Owens is Emerita Professor, both at the University of Adelaide.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleOnati International Series in Law and Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight835 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJoanna Howe,Rosemary Owens
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.