All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheater teachers are forced to adapt constantly. Whether responding to advancing techlogies, cuts to - or the growth of - their programs, or ever-changing governmental mandates, they struggle to serve both their students and their craft. Using a theater arts program at a midwestern high school as an example, this book explores how change, good or bad, directly affects students as well as teachers. Building on the work of the previous edition of Temporary Stages, Jo Beth Gonzalez shows teachers how to sustain confidence and outlines critically conscious teaching, a technique that encourages students to practice self-agency and critical awareness. Essential reading for all theater teachers, this indispensable resource is a font of invative classroom and production practices.
- Author BiographyJo Beth Gonzalez has been a teacher of speech, English, and theater for twenty-seven years, the past nineteen at Bowling Green High School in Ohio, where she also directs the theater program.
- Author(s)Jo Beth Gonzalez
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIB - Theatre in Education
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight448 g
- Width172 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.