Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship by John Gottman, Joan Declaire, Julie Schwartz Gottman (Paperback / softback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage, marital psychologists John and Julie Gottman provide vital tools scientifically based and empirically verified that you can use to regain affection and romance lost through years of ineffective communication. In 1994, Dr. John Gottman and his colleagues at the University of Washington made a startling anuncement: Through scientific observation and mathematical analysis, they could predict with more than 90 percent accuracy whether a marriage would succeed or fail. The only thing they did t yet kw was how to turn a failing marriage into a successful one, so Gottman teamed up with his clinical psychologist wife, Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman, to develop intervention methods. Now the Gottmans, together with the Love Lab research facility, have put these ideas into practice. What emerged from the Gottmans collaboration and decades of research is a body of advice that s based on two surprisingly simple truths: Happily married couples behave like good friends, and they handle their conflicts in gentle, positive ways. The authors offer an intimate look at ten couples who have learned to work through potentially destructive problems extramarital affairs, workaholism, parenthood adjustments, serious illnesses, lack of intimacy and examine what they ve done to improve communication and get their marriages back on track. Hundreds of thousands have seen their relationships improve thanks to the Gottmans work. Whether you want to make a strong relationship more fulfilling or rescue one that s headed for disaster, Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage is essential reading. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Gottman, Ph.D., and Julie Schwartz Gottman, Ph.D., are the founders and directors of the Gottman Institute and the Relationship Research Institute in Seattle. The bestselling author of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and The Relationship Cure, among other books, John Gottman is a professor of psychology, an elected fellow of the American Psychological Association, and the recipient of numerous awards and commendations. His research and findings have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Time, the bestselling book Blink, and in the broadcast media. Julie Schwartz Gottman established the Gottman Institute s Marriage Clinic and serves as its clinical director. A clinical psychologist, she is in private practice in Seattle, where she and John live. Joan DeClaire is a writer specializing in psychology, health, and family issues. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Joan Declaire,John Gottman,Julie Schwartz Gottman
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight222 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.