All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin ten little pirates for an action-packed rhyming counting adventure in this bestselling, multi-award-winning picture book. Ten little pirates set out to sea in search of adventure. But what will the ten little pirates do when they meet a hurricane...and a giant squid...and a HUNGRY SHARK? This fun-filled rhyming story, which incorporates counting backwards from ten to one, is great to share with young children who are learning about numbers. The colourful, humorous illustrations feature objects to spot and count on every page. With a bouncy, rhythmic text and lots of great sound words, this piratical adventure is perfect for sharing again and again. Winner of the Nottingham Children's Book Award and the Lancashire Share a Story Award, and shortlisted for the Sheffield Children's Book Award and the Evening Standard Oscar's First Book Prize. With illustrations from Roald Dahl Funny Prize-winning illustrator, Simon Rickerty. Also available as a board book from February 2017 'Traditional counting rhyme given a jaunty pirate twist that kids will love...a rollicking read with an easy rhythm and jaunty illustrations...excellent.' Guardian 'Hilarious. Will have both child and reader laughing out loud.' Angels and Urchins 'Fabulous rhymes weave a clever tale...the abundance of things to spot and count on every page will keep little readers guessing what's coming next.' WRD Magazine 'An absolute joy to read aloud.' Library Mice 'This book is wonderful.' Child-Led Chaos
- Author BiographyMike Brownlow (Author) Mike Brownlow is the creator of many books for children. He wrote and illustrated the picture book Little Robots, which was turned into a major animated TV show for CBeebies and aired in over 70 countries worldwide. His other books include Mickey Moonbeam, Dog Did It! and The Big White Book. Mike lives in Somerset and has three grown-up daughters. Simon Rickerty (Illustrator) Simon Rickerty graduated from The Royal College of Art in 2006 with a master's degree in Communication Art and Design. His first picture book, Peas, written by Andy Cullen, was published in 2009 and shortlisted for the Booktrust Early Years Award. Simon has gone on to illustrate many more highly acclaimed books for children, including Ten Little Pirates, winner of the Nottingham Children's Book Prize, and Monkey Nut, winner of the Roald Dahl Funny Prize. He lives in Somerset.
- PrizesShortlisted for Nottinghamshire Children's Book Award 2014.
- Author(s)Mike Brownlow
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleTen Little
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width250 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Simon Rickerty
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.72
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.