Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionTen Minute Maths Assessments closely matches the Primary framework and also ties in extremely well with the Williams interim review which states 'A renewed and sharper focus on the use of mental mathematics would be beneficial, and would particularly help under-attaining groups of children'. The tests are quick and easy to administer and would provide a 'snap shot' of where each pupil is - perfect for on-going periodic assessment introduced as part of APP. Andrew has analysed the Primary Mathematics framework carefully and worked out the number of learning objectives that can be successfully tested in each year group. By taking the framework and breaking it down into small 'steps for learning' each test focuses on what the pupils are actually learning in class. The teacher can then give the test to a group of pupils, who have been working on one of these steps, to monitor their progress. The teacher records the results on the assessment grid and, over a period of time, builds a clear picture of each pupil's NC level. This approach is very much the thrust of the latest developments in assessment: Assessment for Learning, Assessing Pupils' Progress, etc.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brodie was a headteacher for twelve years after many successful years in the primary classroom. He began writing his best-selling educational books in 1992 and since then has established himself as a name that teachers have come to trust. He is still very much involved in education and continues to teach on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Andrew Brodie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/02/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleMaths
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndrew Brodie Publications
- Content NoteMono line
- Weight284 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.