All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCandlestick Press offers completely unique and beautiful poetry chapbooks, which can to be given instead of a greeting card. The chapbooks are designed and printed in the UK on high quality, tactile paper and are packaged with a bookmark left blank for your message' as well as an envelope. People need only a stamp to send these lovely gifts on their way. The chapbooks are delightful and intellectually gratifying. They are objects of beauty and offer poems that are worthwhile, profound, and exhilarating to read. The Pre-Raphaelites were radicals; they took the mid-nineteenth century by storm with their paintings and poems that both harked back to the Middle Ages for inspiration and also tried to be unflinchingly honest in their truth to Nature'. As Dr Ruth Robbins points out in her Introduction, they shocked Victorian audiences with their open expressions of emotion and sensuality. They created a new and extraordinary aesthetic, and were of central importance to the emerging Arts and Crafts Movement. Poems by William Morris, Christina Rossetti, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, and Algern Swinburne.
- Author(s)Algernon Charles Swinburne,Christina G. Rossetti,Dante Gabriel Rossetti,William Morris
- PublisherCandlestick Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCandlestick Press
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.