All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory text presents a unique approach to the examination of sociological principles. It draws you into the material--and encourages a deeper understanding of the discipline--by focusing on such overarching questions as How do sociologists study society? How is society possible? Why is there misery in the world? and Are human beings free? You'll learn about the philosophies of classical sociologists such as Marx, Weber, Durkheim, Mead, and Berger, and look at how the field of sociology has approached these questions over the past 150 years. You'll also consider the benefits and drawbacks of globalization, read about how individuals can affect society, and learn how the Tea Party political movement and the revolution in Egypt illustrate social conflict. As you explore sociology's compelling questions, you'll find that there are often clear and ready answers.
- Author BiographyJoel Charon (Ph.D., University of Minnesota) is a successful author and emeritus professor of Sociology at Minnesota State University at Moorhead. He has published numerous textbooks and readers, and is a member of the ASA and the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction.
- Author(s)Joel M. Charon,Michael Oates
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.