Ten Spanish Farces of the 16th, 17th and 18th Centuries: Edited with Notes and Vocabulary (Classic Reprint) by George Tyler Northup (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Ten Spanish Farces of the 16th, 17th and 18th Centuries: Edited With Notes and Vocabulary Although the list of classic Spanish plays edited for the classroom is constantly becoming more extensive, the farce genre has been wholly neglected by our writers of textbooks. And yet the student cant properly understand the comedia as a whole if his attention is directed exclusively to serious plays, to the neglect of those humorous trifles without the accompaniment of which the longer pieces were never acted. The present book is an attempt to supply this lack. It is intended for students of the older drama and, like any other book of the sort, should be used only by those grounded in modern Spanish. The selections illustrate the development of the Spanish farce as it grows out of the Paso into the entrones, out of the entremes into the sainete. It is believed that the injection of a little more humor into the Spanish Drama Course will increase the student's interest in this form of literature. The plays chosen, though possessing much of the sabor de la tierruca, have comic situations universal in their appeal. In view of the success with which several of Cervantes' farces have been acted in a number of our Universities, it is hoped and believed that most of the selections in this book will prove suitable for dramatic representation by Spanish Conversation Clubs. Some teachers may wonder at the inclusion of such a piece as El entremos de refranes. This was chosen because it offers a convenient approach to the study of proverb lore. Proverbs run through nearly the whole of Spanish literature. An understanding of them is essential to the appreciation of almost any Spanish masterpiece. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)George Tyler Northup
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.