Ten Things New Teachers Need to Succeed by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are ten things that help new teachers get off to a good start? How can educators excel in this complex, demanding, and ultimately rewarding profession? These answers, along with high impact strategies, can be found in this must-have resource. Filled with words of wisdom, practical advice, and action steps to achieve success in those critical first years, this powerful little booklet distills the teaching and consulting experience of an international author and teacher of teachers. It includes: - high-impact strategies for vice and veteran practitioners - how-to for communicating with parents - techniques for planning for the unexpected - a unique format for teacher teams to discuss one chapter a month - action steps to achieve success in the crucial first years This handy guide is a quick reference tool on everything from writing rubrics to communicating with parents to planning for the unexpected. Teams of new and experienced teachers can grow together by discussing and applying a chapter a month over a year.
- Author BiographyRobin Fogarty is president of Robin Fogarty and Associates, Ltd., an educational publishing/consulting company. A leading proponent of the thoughtful classroom, she has trained educators throughout the world in curriculum, instruction, and assessment strategies. Fogarty has taught at all levels, from kindergarten to college, served as an administrator, and consulted with state departments and ministries of education in the United States, Puerto Rico, Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, Korea, and the Netherlands. She has published articles in Educational Leadership, Phi Delta Kappan and the Journal of Staff Development. Fogarty has written How to Differentiate Learning (Corwin Press, 2007), Literacy Matters (Corwin Press, 2006), and From Staff Room to Classroom: Planning and Coaching Professional Learning (Corwin Press, 2006). Fogarty received her doctorate in curriculum and human resource development from Loyola University, Chicago.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byRobin Fogarty
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.