Ten Traits of Highly Effective Principals: From Good to Great Performance by Elaine K. McEwan-Adkins (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I could hear the voices of some of the principals who were interviewed speaking to me. The author clearly kws how to gather information and present it in a meaningful way' - Bonnie Tryon, Zone 2 Director, National Association of Elementary School Principals Highly effective headteachers have strong communication skills, high levels of kwledge about teaching and learning, and the ability to provide instructional leadership. This excellent, new resource provides headteachers, senior management teams and teachers with the resources to hone these skills and traits. Ten Traits of Highly Effective Principals contains ideas, reflections, behaviours, habits and stories from the trenches to guide and inspire as you seek to increase your own effectiveness. Each chapter in this resource describes an essential component of personal effectiveness. A highly effective headteacher is: A communicator-listen, empathize, and connect An educator-with a depth of kwledge; motivates intellectual growth An envisioner-focused on the vision of what schools can be A facilitator-building strong relationships A change master-flexible, futuristic, and realistic, and can motivate change A culture builder-communicating and modeling a strong, viable vision An activator-with motivation, energy, and enthusiasm to spare A producer- building intellectual development and academic achievement A character builder-whose values are trustworthiness, respect, and integrity A contributor-whose priority is making contributions to the success of others Transform your school into a community of learners, set high academic and behavioural expectations, and create a culture where children feel special and safe.
- Author BiographyElaine K. McEwan is an educational consultant with The McEwan-Adkins Group, offering professional development for educators to assist them in meeting the challenges of literacy learning in Grades Pre K-6. A former teacher, librarian, principal, and assistant superintendent for instruction in several suburban Chicago school districts, Elaine is the award-winning and best-selling author of more than three dozen books for educators. Her Corwin Press titles include Raising Reading Achievement in Middle and High Schools: Five Simple-to-Follow Strategies for Principals, Second Edition (2006), Seven Strategies of Highly Effective Readers: Using Cognitive Research to Boost K-8 Achievement (2004), Ten Traits of Highly Effective Principals: From Good to Great Performance (2003), Making Sense of Research: What's Good, What's Not, and How to Tell the Difference (2003), Seven Steps to Effective Instructional Leadership, Second Edition (2003), Teach Them ALL to Read: Catching the Kids Who Fall through the Cracks (2002), and Ten Traits of Highly Effective Teachers: How to Hire, Mentor, and Coach Successful Teachers (2001). McEwan was honored by the Illinois Principals Association as an outstanding instructional leader, by the Illinois State Board of Education with an Award of Excellence in the Those Who Excel Program, and by the National Association of Elementary School Principals as the National Distinguished Principal from Illinois for 1991. She received her undergraduate degree in education from Wheaton College and advanced degrees in library science (MA) and educational administration (EdD) from Northern Illinois University. McEwan lives with her husband and business partner, E. Raymond Adkins, in Oro Valley, Arizona. Between them, Elaine and Ray have five children, fifteen grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.
- Author(s)Elaine K. McEwan-Adkins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.