Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.90+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith over 400 recipe ideas and many wonderful stories from the cook's garden, Tender: Volume I -- A cook and his vegetable patch, is the definitive guide to cooking with vegetables from the presenter of BBC One's Simple Cooking. 'I would like to think I kw more w than I did before I picked up my trowel and dug that first furrow of red and white radishes. How to get the best out of a vegetable yes, but also what are the different ways to treat it in the kitchen, which seasonings will make it sing, what other ingredients is it most comfortable or most exciting with. What are the classic recipes t to be missed by a newcomer and what new ways are there which might be of interest to an old hand.' In his inimitable, unpretentious style Nigel Slater, the presenter of BBC One's Simple Cooking, elevates vegetables to the starring role in his latest cook book, whether that means enjoying vegetables for their own sake or on the same plate as a piece of meat or fish. From crab cakes and crushed peas to broccoli and lamb stir-fry, luxury cauliflower cheese to a delicious broad bean salad, 'Tender' has everything a cook could want from a recipe book.
- Author BiographyNigel Slater is the author of a collection of bestselling books, including the classics 'Real Fast Food' and 'Real Cooking', and the award-winning 'Appetite'. He has written a much-loved column for 'The Observer' for over a decade. His autobiography, 'Toast -- the story of a boy's hunger', won six major awards, including the British Biography of the Year, the Glenfiddich Award and the Andre Simon Memorial Award. 'The Kitchen Diaries' won the Design and Production Award at the 2006 British Book Trade Awards.
- Author(s)Nigel Slater
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content Note(250 colour photographs), With index
- Weight1761 g
- Width176 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine55 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.