All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book John details the history, techniques and make-it-yourself sections for making Tenkara rods, nets, furled lines and flies. Tenkara fishing can be seen as a streamlined counterpart to western fly-fishing. The equipment used is to direct focus to the actual fishing and catching of the fish. A rod, Tenkara line and fly are necessary for Tenkara fishing ( reel is used). The appeal of Tenkara is its elegant simplicity. There are also other advantages of using the long Tenkara rods when fishing in mountain streams, primarily the lightness of the line and delicate presentation. A long rod allows for precise placement of the fly on small pools and allows for holding the fly in place on the other side of a current. The other main advantage of using the long Tenkara rod is precise control for manipulation of the fly. This is one mans story, from first learning the art of Tenkara in Japan to using the technique fishing around the world. Based on the authors own experiences from learning Tenkara fishing in Japan, to teaching Tenkara in the UK.
- Author BiographyFor over 40 years John has been fishing, all types of fishing, deep sea, carp, course, fly and Tenkara. From his home county of Dorset, England to the far flung corners of Asia and South America. Even though John is dyslexic (and the dyslexia hampers his writing process), he is a regular contributor in fishing magazines and forums, a fishing coach, guide and teacher of fly-tying, fly-fishing, Tenkara and all other types of angling. John works with 'Special Needs' anglers so his approach is to break things down into their most simple parts, then use those parts as starting blocks to build on.
- Author(s)MR John Rs Allen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.