All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlabama, 1856. Tennessee Rose is a dark bay Tennessee Walking Horse with a rose-shaped marking on her forehead. She loves dashing around the plantation in the running walk that her breed is famous for, then coming back to her comfortable stall and her friend Levi, the slave boy who is her groom. But as the Civil War approaches, Rosie begins to question plantation life. Is slavery fair? Could Levi be free? Like Black Beauty, this moving vel is told in first person from the horse's point of view and includes an appendix full of photos and facts about Tennessee Walking Horses and the Civil War.
- Author BiographyJANE KENDALL is the author of Horse Diaries #4: Maestoso Petra, as well as many other titles. She has also illustrated more than two dozen children's books. Jane has been a senior writer for Greenwich Magazine since 1992. She has written for The New York Times on film history and teaches a college-level writing course for the Institute of Children's Literature. She was an enthusiastic rider growing up, and on one memorable occasion went Christmas caroling on horseback.
- Author(s)Jane Kendall
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHorse Diaries (Library)
- Series Part/Volume Number09
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width145 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Astrid Sheckels
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.