Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSee your tennis game as you never have before. See what it takes to improve consistency and performance on the court. Tennis Anatomy will show you how to ace the competition by increasing strength, speed, and agility for more powerful serves and more accurate shots. Tennis Anatomy includes more than 72 of the most effective exercises, each with step-by-step descriptions and full-color anatomical illustrations highlighting muscles in action.Tennis Anatomy goes beyond exercises by placing you on the baseline, at the net, and on the service line. Illustrations of the active muscles for forehands, backhands, volleys, and serves show you how each exercise is fundamentally linked to tennis performance.You'll also learn how exercises can be modified to target specific areas, improve your skills, and minimize common tennis injuries. Best of all, you'll learn how to put it all together to develop a training program based on your individual needs and goals.Whether you're a serve and volleyer, baseliner, or all-court player, Tennis Anatomy will ensure that you step onto the court ready to dominate any opponent.
- Author BiographyE. Paul Roetert, PhD, is the Chief Executive Officer of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD), where he is responsible for promoting leadership, research, education, and best practices in the professions that support creative, healthy, and active lifestyles. Prior to this position, Roetert was the Managing Director of the United State Tennis Association's (USTA's) Player Development Program and Tournament Director of the U.S. Open Junior Tennis Championships from 2002 to 2009. He has also served as the Executive Director of the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) and as the Administrator of Sport Science for the USTA, where he developed the sport science program.Roetert has published extensively in the field of tennis, including several books, more than 20 book chapters, and over 100 articles. He is a Fellow in the American College of Sports Medicine, a Master Professional with the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), and an Honorary Professional of the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR). He was the 2002 Educational Merit Award recipient from the International Tennis Hall of Fame for outstanding service to the game of tennis. Roetert holds a PhD in biomechanics from the University of Connecticut.Mark S. Kovacs, PhD, is the Senior Manager of Sport Science and Coaching Education for the United States Tennis Association (USTA). He was a collegiate All-American and NCAA doubles champion at Auburn University. After playing professionally, he pursued his graduate work performing tennis-specific research and has a graduate degree in exercise science and a PhD in exercise physiology. Mark has published and presented tennis-specific research in numerous top scientific journals and at national and international conferences. He is an author of the tennis conditioning text Tennis Training: Enhancing On-Court Performance and is currently the Assistant Editor-in-Chief of the Strength and Conditioning Journal. Mark is also still actively working as a strength and conditioning specialist training elite professional tennis players, including athletes who have participated in all of the Grand Slam tournaments.
- Author(s)Mark Kovacs,Paul Roetert
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note230 colour illustrations, 194 colour illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.