Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.47+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionLearning to play tennis has never been easier--or more fun--than with <i>Tennis Fundamentals</i>. Recreational athletes will enjoy using this resource because they will learn by doing, spending less time reading and more time on the court. With explicit yet succinct instructions and accompanying photographs, this book makes it easy for students to get right into the game.</p><i>Tennis Fundamentals</i> covers the essential skills of the game with chapters on grips, footwork, forehands, backhands, lobs, volleys, overhead smashes, drop shots, the serve, and return of serve. It also covers tactical approaches for both singles and doubles play, as well as scoring, equipment, and etiquette. It's the complete guide to being able to participate on the tennis court right away.</p>Each chapter teaches a specific skill, leading the student through a simple, four-step sequence: </p>-You Can Do It: The skill is introduced with sequential instructions and accompanying photographs.</p>-More to Choose and Use: Variations and extensions of the primary skill are covered.</p>-Take It to the Court: Readers learn how to apply the skill in competition.</p>-Give It a Go: Several direct experiences--like drills and practice games--help speed the learning process and make practice more interesting and productive.</p>Writer Carol Matsuzaki teaches beginning through advanced tennis classes at the Massachusetts Institute of Techlogy. She's also the head coach of the MIT women's team. In this book she combines her instructional and coaching abilities to get players up to speed and into the game quickly. </p>Part of the Sports Fundamentals Series, <i>Tennis Fundamentals</i> teaches the basic skills and tactics to help readers participate in the sport quickly and have fun doing so. </p>
- Author BiographyThis product was authored by Human Kinetics based on the contributions of: </p></p><b>Carol Matsuzaki</b> is an assistant professor of physical education at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she teaches beginning through advanced tennis classes. Since taking over as head coach of the women's tennis team in the spring of 1998, Matsuzaki has led her team to four consecutive Newmac Conference titles (1999-2002). She was named Newmac Conference Women's Tennis Coach of the Year in 1999, 2000, and 2001. </p>
- Author(s)Carol Matsuzaki
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Series TitleSports Fundamentals S.
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 103 black & white halftones
- Weight318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.