Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA sizzling bolt of lightning and a jellyfish send a ninth century boy on a multi-lifetime course. Nature's power and the genetic material of the immortal jellyfish, Turritopsis dohrnii, rearrange young Branac of Hvar's DNA. Sixty years later, Branac approaches death and fades into thingness, to his surprise his body reforms, but to his regret, he returns as a teenage boy. Thirteen times, a new life begins with only bits and pieces of his memory surviving. To prosper, he must re-learn his story. In his present life in 2060, he adjusts to the new century with the help of Elodie, his human-like robot, and a new name, Smithwick Fowler. As always, his emerging hormones drive him. He seeks companionship but is reluctant to form a lasting bond. Living forever has made him wary of the heartbreak that accompanies love. No man should see his children die, but he has viewed the death of generations of his offspring, as well as many lovers, and twelve wives. The pain of loss has hardened his heart. Wick Fowler prepares for ather century of life. With the kwledge that thing goes as planned, he marshals his resources. With twelve hundred years of education in his DNA, he focuses on science in the Twenty-first century. Comfortably wealthy and driven to build on his previous lives, he hopes to enjoy his next life by contributing to humanity. A seemingly chance encounter with a fellow scientist, Isabel Aragon, ignites a passion he has rarely felt. Isabel is the twenty-six times great-granddaughter of an unrequited love he met in 1110. Their meeting foreshadows a conflict between an immortal man, and ather man seeking immortality. The story of Wick and Isabel becomes an epic tale of betrayal, revenge, and a struggle to survive. Wick, relies on his past to defend his future. The future he faces is a momentous one. A friendship with a political activist entangles Wick in a plot bent on revamping the United States government. Tentacles of Time employs history and futuristic predictions by following a journey through Viking times, Medieval Europe, the Crusades, the Jamestown settlement, the Revolutionary War, and the future. The never-ending man has been an assassin, a monk, a man who abandons his family, and an horable father. In the thousand-year trip to the future, he survives the plague, fights alongside George Washington, meets Abe Lincoln, and helps murder a Saint. He is a patriot, a womanizer, and a beacon of hope. Wick Fowler's amazing life spreads through time, t unlike the drifting tentacles of the Turritopsis dohrnii, which provided bits of its DNA to create the immortal man.
- Author BiographyHarvey was born in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and raised in the Canton section of East Baltimore, Maryland. He obtained a Bachelor of Science from California State College. and a Master of Education from Towson University. Lived in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, for forty-seven years and worked in six different high schools as a biology teacher and school administrator. After retiring, moved to Mechanicsville, Virginia and began writing to answer the question, What are you doing now? Authored five novels. A former president of the Hanover Chapter of the Virginia Writers Club. Harvey's books cross all genres, romance, history, mystery, sci-fi, and sports.
- Author(s)Harvey Robert Tate
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.