All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of John of the Cross (Continuum 2010) and Return to the Mystical (Continuum 2011), Dr Peter Tyler completes his 'mystical trilogy' with a penetrating analysis of the life, work and context of St Teresa of Avila - this most popular and influential of all saints. To coincide with her anniversary year in 2015 he presents an accessible volume on the saint including the background to her life and times, her mystical theology, instructions on prayer and relevance for today. The book consists of three parts - the context of Teresa's life; an examination of the texts themselves and finally an exploration of Teresa's relevance to our 'postmodern world' including chapters on Teresa and psychology, mindfulness, meditation and personal development. This book is a major contribution to Teresian scholarship and a welcome addition to her anniversary celebrations.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Tyler is Senior Lecturer and Programme Director of Pastoral Theology at St Mary's University College, Twickenham, UK. Previous publications include St John of the Cross - Outstanding Christian Thinker (Continuum 2010), Sources of Transformation: Revitalising Christian Spirituality (edited with Edward Howells) (Continuum 2010) and The Return to the Mystical: Ludwig Wittgenstein, Teresa of Avila and the Christian Mystical Tradition (Continuum 2011).
- Author(s)Peter Tyler
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight378 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.