Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.77+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by isabella7864
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Termites and Borers is the long-awaited revision of its very successful UNSW Press predecessor of the same name, which published in 1998, reprinted three times and sold nearly 14,000 copies. The book is a consumer-oriented and compact handbook written in plain English for a general audience with an interest in protecting their home against termites (and other timber pests such as borers). The revision brings the book right up to date, discussing new termite detection techniques, as well as treatment options for termite infestations. Termites and Borers is in full colour and includes some 92 colour photos, allowing untrained householders to be able to make informed decisions on detection and treatment options and issues of building design. Topics covered include: termite lifecycles, habits and their natural instincts; inspection techniques, including what to look for and where to look; chemical and n-chemical means of eradicating termites; the use of bait monitors; pest inspections, and what technicians can and can't do; building out termites; FAQs on termites (with answers); and, borers and wood decay.
- Author BiographyFrances Phil Hadlington AOM is a consultant in pest control and tree care who enjoys legendary status in Australia's termite-control industry. He retired from a distinguished career in research as Forest Entomologist in New South Wales as well as the first teacher of Pest Control in NSW TAFE. There is probably no person in Australia who has played a more significant and influential role in educating both the nation's pest management industry and also ordinary homeowners, who know of him through his seminars and his many technical and consumer books, including Australian Termites and other common timber pests; An introduction to Australian insects; Common Household Pests and the standard industry textbook, Urban Pest Management. In 2000 Phil was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for his long and consistently excellent contribution to the Australian community directly, and indirectly, through his education of the pest management industry. Ion Staunton was a pest management technician before he became the founding secretary of the NSW and national pest management associations. Like Phil, Ion is a seasoned co-author and has some four previous books to his credit. He also wrote and illustrated the 'Pest Profile' brochure series published by the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association. Ion recently invented a windowed termite monitor and treatment station that for the first time allows homeowners to be vitally involved in reducing the threat from nests which surround their homes.
- Author(s)Ion Staunton,Phillip W. Hadlington
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Out-of-print date03/01/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width178 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.