Terms of Trade: Glossary of International Economics by Alan V. Deardorff (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered what a term in international ecomics means? This useful reference book offers a glossary of terms in both international trade and international finance, with emphasis on ecomic issues. It is intended for students getting their first exposure to international ecomics, although advanced students will also find it useful for some of the more obscure terms that they have forgotten or never encountered.Besides an extensive glossary of terms, there is a picture gallery of diagrams used to explain key concepts such as the Edgeworth Production Box and the Offer Curve Diagram in international ecomics. This section is followed by several lists of terms that occur a lot in international ecomics, grouped by subject to help users find terms that they cant recall.Prior to the bibliography is a section on the origins of terms in international ecomics which records what the author has been able to learn about the origins of some of the terms used in international ecomics. This is a must-have portable glossary in international trade and international ecomics!
- Author BiographyAlan V Deardorff is Professor of Economics and Public Policy at the University of Michigan, USA. He received his PhD in economics from Cornell University in 1971 and has been on the faculty at the University of Michigan since 1970. He served as Chair of the Department of Economics from 1991 to 1995. He has served as a consultant to many government agencies, including the Departments of State, Treasury, and Labor of the United States Government, and he is currently on the editorial boards of the Journal of International Economic Law, The World Economy, and North American Journal of Economics and Finance. He is co-author, with Robert M Stern, of The Michigan Model of World Production and Trade, Computational Analysis of Global Trading Arrangements, and Measurement of Nontariff Barriers. He has published numerous articles on various aspects of international trade theory and policy. His work on international trade theory has dealt primarily with the theory of comparative advantage and the Heckscher-Ohlin and other models that explain the patterns and effects of international trade. His work on trade policy has included analyses of anti-dumping laws, the safeguards clause of the GATT, and arguments for and against extending intellectual property protection to developing countries. In his work with Professor Stern, he has developed a computable general equilibrium (CGE) model of production, trade, and employment in 34 major countries of the world. They have used this model for a variety of purposes, including analysis of the Tokyo and Uruguay Rounds of multilateral trade negotiations and possible outcomes of the current Doha Round. He, Professor Stern, and Drusilla K Brown have also developed a series of CGE models that they have used to evaluate the sectoral employment implications of various regional trading arrangements in North America, the Western Hemisphere, Asia, and Europe. Professor Deardorff's current research interests include: the role of labor standards in international trade policy, the determinants of bilateral trade patterns, and the roles of trade costs and intermediate inputs in international trade.
- Author(s)Alan V. Deardorff
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width136 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.