Terrestrial Ecoregions of North America: A Conservation Assessment by Island Press (Book, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $75.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive assessment of biodiversity in the US and Canada. The authors, scientists with the World Wildlife Fund, use a rigorous ecoregion approach, rather than the less relevant state-by-state approach. Six chapters present the rationale for the approach, defining the ecoregions and analyzing the threats to each. From this the authors develop a conservation agenda and set out recommendations for preserving and restoring biodiversity to the continent. Thirteen colour maps provide essential information about each ecoregion and its biodiversity.
- Author BiographyThe authors are all affiliated with the Conservation Science Program of World Wildlife Fund. The World Wildlife Fund is the largest privately supported international conservation organization in the world with more than one million members in the U.S. alone. Authors: Taylor H. RickettsEric DinersteinDavid M. OlsonColby J. LoucksWilliam EichbaumDominick DellaSalaKevin KavanaghPrashant HedaoPatrick T. HurleyKaren M. CarneyRobin AbellSteven Walters Contributors: Jonathan AdamsWill AllenSandy AndelmanAlan G. ApplebyJames F. BerganJohn BroadheadDirk BryantSteve ButtrickSteve ChaplinRoberta ClowaterTerry CookJim CoopermanRobin CoxLance CraigheadDavid CulverMary DavisDennis DemarchiJim EidsonAmy FarstadThomas FleischnerR. Glenn FordDave ForemanSteve GatewoodJim GoltzSam GonLouise GrattonTim GrayAnne GunnArlin HackmanRandy HagensteinRon HeyerBob HollandTony IacobelliLaura JacksonJohn KarteszJames MacMahonKate MacQuarrieGeoff MannBill MeadesRod MondtJanet MooreDavid NeavesJim NelsonReed NossChris O'BrienSebastian OosenbrugGordon OriansJuri PeepreAjith PereraRobert PetersSteve PrimmScott RobinsonJon-Paul RodriquezJohn SawyerRick SchneiderJennifer ShayMarni SimsPhillip SimsFred E. SmeinsGeorge SmithScott SmithRandy SnodgrassColin StewartJim StrittholtEmma UnderwoodRobyn UsherAlasdair VeitchAlan WeakleyWesley W. WettengelGaile Whelan-EnnsChris WilliamsDon WilsonKim WolfeNathalie Zinger This volume is the first in a series. This series also includes Freshwater Ecoregions of North America, 2000, and Terrestrial Ecoregions of the Indo-Pacific, 2001, and The Ecoregions Series which includes all 3 volumes at the discounted price of $185.00. Taylor H. Ricketts is affiliated with the Conservation Science Program of World Wildlife Fund. Eric Dinerstein is Chief Scientist and Vice-President for Science at the World Wildlife Fund-US. He has participated in or overseen conservation research around the world, he is one of the editors of WWF's Ecosystem Assessment series, and he is the author of a monograph on rhinos: Return of the Unicorns: The Natural History and Conservation of the Greater-One Horned Rhinoceros (Columbia University Press).
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Notecolour maps, figures, tables
- Weight300 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.