Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionTerritory and Power in the United Kingdom is about the nature of the UK state, where it came from and where it is going. Bulpitt sought to summarise the political code and statecraft that has helped govern the territories of the United Kingdom for much of the twentieth century, though it had its antecedents many years before. He provides an account of its emergence, operation and decline, which summarises an important phase in the United Kingdom's history and marks out why the country stood out from its continental neighbours in terms of its territorial organisation and state tradition. This ECPR Classics edition includes a new introduction by Peter John placing this important, classic work in a current context.
- Author BiographyBorn 1937, Jim Bulpitt studied Politics and History at the University of Exeter, followed by a MA in Politics at the University of Manchester. He helped found the Department of Politics at the University of Warwick, where he remained for 34 years, most of his academic career, becoming Professor of Politics in 1992. He died in 1999.
- Author(s)Jim Bulpitt
- PublisherECPR Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleECPR Classics
- Place of PublicationColchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintECPR Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Introduction byPeter John
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.