All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years since 9/11, terrorism has been transformed into an issue of global significance. Terrorism and the war on terror has affected virtually every aspect of modern life, and a precise understanding of terrorism is w more important - and contentious - than ever. This invative text provides a much-needed critical introduction to terrorism. Cutting-edge research on contemporary issues is combined with new insights into long-debated issues such as the definition of terrorism, the nature of the terrorist threat and counter-terrorism strategies. Showing that the methods we adopt as well as the material we study are vital for a clear understanding of the subject, this text goes beyond traditional IR approaches to rethink popular beliefs and assumptions about terrorism. Taking a genuinely global and integrated approach, this book is an ideal entry into the study of terrorism. The text is supported by: * International case studies from around the world * A detailed glossary introducing key actors, events and concepts relating to terrorism * Learning aids to stimulate critical thinking, including discussion questions, further readings and selected web resources
- Author BiographyRICHARD JACKSON is Deputy Director at the National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Otago, New Zealand. LEE JARVIS is a Lecturer in Politics and International Relations, Swansea University, UK. JEROEN GUNNING is a Reader in Middle East Politics and Conflict Studies, Durham University, UK. He was founder and deputy director of the Centre for the Study of 'Radicalisation' and Contemporary Political Violence (CSRV) at Aberyswyth University from 2005-2010. MARIE BREEN-SMYTH is Professor in International Politics, University of Surrey, UK. She was founder and deputy director of the Centre for the Study of 'Radicalisation' and Contemporary Political Violence (CSRV) at Aberyswyth University from 2005-2010.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2012.
- Author(s)Jeroen Gunning,Lee Jarvis,Marie Breen Smyth,Richard Jackson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/04/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note4 figures, 21 black & white tables, 2 black & white illustrations
- Weight656 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.