Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTerrorism is one of the forces defining our age, but it has also been around since some of the earliest civilizations. This one-of-a-kind study of the history of terrorism -- from ancient Assyria to the post-9/11 War on Terror -- puts terrorism into broad historical, political, religious and social context. The book leads the reader through the shifting understandings and definitions of terrorism through the ages, and its continuous development of themes allows for a fuller understanding of the uses of and responses to terrorism. The study of terrorism is constantly growing and ever changing. In Terrorism: A History, Randall Law gives students and general readers access to this rich field through the most up-to-date research combined with a much-needed long-range historical perspective. He extensively covers jihadism, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, Northern Ireland and the Ku Klux Klan plus lesser kwn movements in Uruguay, Algeria and even the pre-modern uses of terror in ancient Rome, medieval Europe and the French Revolution, among other topics.
- Author BiographyRandall Law is Associate Professor of History at Birmingham-Southern College.
- Author(s)Randall Law
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleThemes in History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Out-of-print date23/08/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.