CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionTerrorism is one of the gravest threats facing citizens of the world today, yet few people kw what to do in the event of a terrorist hijacking, kidnapping or bombing. This is a comprehensive guide to how terrorists operate, why you might become a target and how you can take simple, specific steps to reduce your risk and improve your security profile. Whether you work in a high risk job, travel internationally or just want to become a hard target , this book will help you examine every area of your life -- home, work, travel -- and implement the Individual Protective Measures to safeguard yourself and your family. As a former Antiterrorism instructor for the US Military and someone who has lived and worked in war zones and high risk areas, author Robert Deatherage, Jr brings together proven theories and real world experience that you can count on. Learn the tactics commonly used by terrorists, how to detect and thwart terrorist surveillance of your home or workplace, what to do in the event you are the victim of a hijacking, how to survive in captivity if you re taken hostage, how to fortify your home against common criminals, ways to lower your risk of being targeted when travelling in foreign countries, how to recognise a mail bomb, what to do in the event of a bomb threat and much more. In addition to practical advice for protecting yourself and your family, you will get a thorough introduction to the history, ideologies, tactics and objectives of terrorism. Understanding why terrorism happens will help you understand how you and those around you can decrease your chances of becoming a victim. Odds are you may never be the target of a terrorist, but if you are, this book could save your life.
- Author BiographyBob Deatherage spent over 22 Years in the US military. In 1979 he joined the US Marine Corps working for the Naval Security Group as a Signals intelligence, Electronic Warfare specialist. In 1987 he was assigned to the 1st Special Forces Group Military Intelligence Company and served in various Special Forces assignments, including Antiterrorism instructor, until his retirement. Since retirement he has worked as a private security manager in Iraq and conducted training seminars for military special operations units and civilian law enforcement organisations throughout the United States on a wide variety of subjects in antiterrorism, security operations. Bob has a Masters in Business and Organisational Security Management and is a member of the American Society for Industrial Security.
- Author(s)Robert H. Deatherage
- PublisherTurtle Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSanta Fe, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtle Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width60 mm
- Height1802 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.