Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- DescriptionTerrorists continue to enhance their technical sophistication in constructing weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) with devastating effects. Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) weapons w pose a greater threat than ever before. Emphasizing basic chemistry and biology, including microbiology and human health, Terrorism and WMDs: Awareness and Response is an introductory manual on CBRNE weapons that helps prepare emergency response, counterterrorism, and security professionals to respond to a WMD attack quickly and effectively. Examines different threats and the best response Taking a n-technical approach to technical concepts, the book begins with an overview of the historical and ideological context of modern terrorism and CBRNE weapons. Specific CBRNE weapons are discussed, and each section provides a history of the particular type of weapon as well as details on the design, structure, properties, and behavior of the weapon. The book examines the impacts of CBRNE weapons on human health and recommends safety precautions for both emergency responders and the public. The final section of the book addresses specific responder issues, particularly the Incident Command System, as well as personal protective equipment (PPE), decontamination, and site remediation. Learning tools to aid comprehension More than 170 photos and illustrations supplement the text, questions at the end of each chapter test comprehension, and a glossary provides clear definitions to better understand complex termilogy. Intended as a starting point for understanding CBRNE weapons and their grave potential for destruction, the book offers practical instruction on how to respond to intentional and accidental releases.
- Author BiographyJohn Pichtel is a professor of Natural Resources and Environmental Management at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he has been a faculty member since 1987. His primary research and professional activities have been in management of hazardous materials, remediation of contaminated sites, and environmental chemistry.
- Author(s)John Pichtel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Out-of-print date02/11/2016
- Content Note172 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.