All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany books have been written about the press and terrorism - particularly since September 11
th - but this is the first press-focused exploration of their relationship. Drawing upon the history of terrorism, mass communication research, media theory, and journalism practice, this book examines how the press reports terrorism, and how that reporting varies depending on the medium and location. Examining the differences in reporting - globally and historically within different media and government systems - Terrorism and the Press provides insights for how, in the future, we can better navigate the relationship between the press, government, and audience when terrorists attack.
- Author BiographyBrooke Barnett is Associate Professor in the School of Communications at Elon University and Director of the Elon Program for Documentary Production. She has a PhD. in mass communication from Indiana University. She is co-editor of Multidisciplinary Approaches to Communication Law Research (2006) and author of Media Coverage of Crisis: The War on Terror and the Wars in Iraq (2005) as well as numerous journal articles and book chapters. Her professional background includes work as a news director, documentary producer, reporter, and producer in public television. Amy Reynolds is Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the School of Journalism at Indiana University. She has a PhD. in mass communication from the University of Texas at Austin. She is the author or editor of four books and numerous refereed journal articles and book chapters. Her professional background includes work as a reporter and editor at newspapers and as a reporter, producer, and news director at local television news stations.
- Author(s)Amy Reynolds,Brooke Barnett
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleMediating American History
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.