All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionText-image combinations can authenticate events and establish a visual memory. Here this phemen is explored: A pragmatic theory of text-image relationships is developed and empirically tested on the example of print media reports about terrorism in the FRG during the 1970s. The analyses show how texts unambiguously illuminate the meaning of images and how photographs substantiate and intensify interpretations of spectacular events to an extent which cant be attained through language alone. It thus becomes clear that terrorism is t only to be understood as a kind of violence, but also as a series of media events.
- Author BiographyMartin Steinseifer, Universitat Giessen.
- Author(s)Martin Steinseifer
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- Series TitleReihe Germanistische Linguistik
- Series Part/Volume Number290
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight778 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.