Terrorists and the Terchova Treasure: In My Brother's Place by George Banas (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States, Joe Legion fights to protect his U.S. family and European relatives from a yet unkwn enemy and from former friends who appear to have changed allegiances. Joe sharpens the fighting and survival skills he learned in the Army years earlier when he replaced his brother, who was presumed lost during a special operations mission. As an International Responder on earthquake relief missions in India and Peru before 9/11, Joe encounters individuals and small networks engaged in illegal trafficking in drugs, weapons, nuclear materials, and other contraband. Convinced of their links to larger terrorist groups after the 9/11 attacks, Joe demands authorization from MAGENTA, his former contact in the Pentagon, to disrupt and destroy these small, illegal operations while the U.S. military, FBI, and CIA pursue higher value targets. Joe enlists the aid of friends and family members he had previously organized to hunt for the legendary treasure of Juraj Jasik, the early 18th century Robin Hood and national hero of Slovakia. Joe's recruits willingly accompany him to confront dangerous adversaries under dangerous conditions in dangerous places including India, South and Central America, Europe, Russia, North Africa, and Joe's back yard. In solemn tribute to the kwn and unnamed defenders of the United States from its origin to the present day, the author deftly interweaves the horror of 9/11 with his personal experiences and actual historical events, causes, and consequences that have sometimes shaken our nation, but never defeated it.
- Author BiographyGeorge Banas is an early Vietnam-era veteran, and resides in suburban Chicago. He received his Bachelor's degree in Marketing from Lewis University, earned his MBA from DePaul University, and holds a Juris Doctor degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law. Following his retirement, he was Board Secretary for the local Wildlife Center Foundation and the Library District. Initial inspiration for his book titled: Terrorists and the Terchova Treasure - In My Brother's Place came while traveling with his wife between Tangiers, Morocco and Madrid, Spain on 9/11/01. Like other U.S. travelers abroad on that fateful day, he did not know how soon he would be able to return to the States with all international flights to the U.S. grounded. And, like other travelers, he did not know who the enemy was. Recalling survival skills learned years earlier while serving in the Army, he set about securing the safety of his U.S. family and European relatives. This theme along with several others are interwoven into the fabric of his story of international intrigue and action dating from President Jimmy Carter's administration through George W. Bush's term in office. The author dedicates his work to all civilian and military defenders of the United States from its inception to the present day. To recognize their contributions in a practical way, Banas donates $1 from each book he sells to the American Legion to help needy veterans. To date, Terrorists and the Terchova Treasure has won two Honorable Mention Awards at the 2013 Hollywood Book Festival against fierce competition, and one Finalist Award in the Fiction/Thriller/Terrorists category of the 2013 Readers' Favorite contest.
- Author(s)George Banas
- PublisherGeorge Banas
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorge Banas
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.