All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly two million people were slaughtered in the four-year Nigerian/Biafran Civil War. American educated Nnamdi Agbakoba writes a chilling account of bloodshed and almost miraculous survival in The Terrors of War. As much a story of war as of peace, of cowardice as of heroism, he reveals the spiritual lessons learned, as well as a powerful philosophical viewpoint found in the Bible and the Koran. Woven together, The Terrors of War is a uniquely compelling book. Author Agbakoba takes his account far beyond the events of the mid-sixties, when Nigeria's Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces was assassinated and the country was drowning in a sea of anarchy, starvation, and brutality. He delves into fascinating parallels between that civil war and the American presence in Iraq. The chapters on the America/Iraq crisis parts 1, 2 and 3 ministers loads of scriptural therapy very appropriate for application in the current crisis in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria and elsewhere. There are wiser words than those of the author: War is a reflection of a total breakdown of diplomatic dialogue and discussions aimed at resolving differences. War breaks out when compromise, tolerance, forgiveness, and diplomatic discussions completely fail. In Terrors of War, the futile and violent results of hatred are studied. . .and important conclusions are reached.
- Author BiographyNnamdi Paul Agbakoba earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in broadcasting from the University of Cincinnati and is now the manager of a television production studio in Lagos, Nigeria. He also runs an NGO (Society Against Terror an War) SAT-WAR based in LAgos. His book TERRORS OF WAR is one of his many weapons of peace employed in his campaign against terror and war.
- Author(s)Nnamdi P Agbakoba
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note36 family portraits & other illustrations after war shots
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.