Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.70Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by crokat53
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
- AU $26.70+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNovelist Terry McMillan is widely considered to be the preeminent voice of young professional African American women today. Her vels Waiting to Exhale and How Stella Got Her Groove Back became instant classics, touchstones for a culture that the mainstream media had often dismissed or igred. The story of her own life is as compelling and inspiration as any of her vels. Born in Port Huron Michigan in 1951, McMillan was raised by her mother, her father having died when she was 16. Although staying in her small town would have been the easiest path, McMillan gambled on a brighter future. With only a dream and meager savings, she moved to California and began writing poetry and short fiction. Several years later she left for New York City, where she struggled as a single mother and office clerk until she finally found acceptance of her work. When her first vel, Mama (1987) received only minimal support from her publisher, she promoted it on her own. She found millions of fans, both black and white, and in the process changed the way the book industry sees Black America.
- Author BiographyAfter fifteen years as a paralegal, Diane Patrick started a second career as a freelance writer in 1992. She has written articles and biographical profiles for such publications as Billboard and Jazz Times, and has authored nine nonfiction books for young readers, mostly biographies of African American personalities such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Toni Morrison. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Diane Patrick
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2001
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight283 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.