All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1980s, New York-born Terry Winters (born 1949) has been one of the foremost American painters, enjoying equal rewn for both his prints and drawings. Published to accompany his show at Corbett vs. Dempsey, The Pencil of Nature covers drawings Winters created between 2006 and 2014, ranging from small-scale, heavily worked graphite drawings to large ones incorporating charcoal, ink and gouache. One suite titled Difference Surface involves 20 related panels, each one juxtaposing pattern against pattern, creating augmentations and interferences where broken symmetries are pushed into a new, wondrous realm. With their shimmering black surfaces, cellular forms and stretched nets, these drawings reach deep into the act of mark-making. This volume features all works included in the exhibition and a selection of collages, as well as fragments from an ongoing dialogue between Winters, Corbett and Dempsey on drawing and improvisation.
- PublisherCorbett vs. Dempsey
- Date of Publication12/09/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorbett vs. Dempsey
- Weight318 g
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.