All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTerry The Tiny Parrot My Granny And Me is intended for first grade elementary school age children and has a more advanced rhyming verse story. This book contains beautifully illustrated hand colored pencil drawings by the illustrator of the original Terry The Tiny Parrot book. The verses are narrated by Garret, the visiting Grandson who is spending the weekend at Granny's and tells of Terry's love to be near her. As a follow-up to the first Terry The Tiny Parrot book, it will be a welcomed addition to any child's library of childhood memories. The author and illustrator have developed additional stories of Terry The Tiny Parrot for the other age groups as well. Their first children's book introduces Terry The Tiny Parrot, a Celestial Parrotlet which is the tiniest of all parrots. Terry is especially tiny, the tiniest of all! But he has the biggest personality of any bird. Terry The Tiny Parrot is intended for preschool age children and is a rhyming verse First Reader. It has beautifully illustrated hand colored pencil drawings. The verses are narrated by Garret, the visiting Grandson who tells of his Granny's most unusual bird and the peculiar places he can hide, due to his tiny size. This introductory book will be a cherished first book that will develop an interest in reading along with a curious desire to learn. Terry The Tiny Parrot's Big Adventure is intended for second grade and higher elementary school age children. It is a n-illustrated Chapter book. The narrator is a voice which sees and tells all that was kwn and believed to have happened in the real life of Terry The Tiny Parrot and his family. It is one very heart-warming story of how Terry came to his home and was made a part of the family which included the Lady, the Man, Woody the boy cat and Pooky the girl cat. But what happens one fateful night will have all of the children on the edge of their seat. This book will be a favorite of the entire family and can be enjoyed by people of any age.
- Author BiographyStephen and Anna LeBar have been married for thirty-five years, together they have accomplished many wonderful things. Their latest efforts have been to pool their talents to produce a series of books. Stephen is author, producer and photographer while Anna is author, designer, illustrator and editor. Stephen has a long list of talents and abilities and an affinity for photography and writing, but it has always been his sense of humor that people remember most. Anna has enjoyed many years as a College Art Professor. She is very talented in all media, but is especially known for her many years of both teaching and creating in her Leaded Stained Glass studio. Stephen's first book, entitled Sixty From The Sixties is a humorous yet poignant look at turning sixty and becoming a GRandparent bOOMER. Anna's first book, entitled Granny's Delicious Dinner Recipes is a beautifully written cookbook. It includes forty of her best and favorite recipes with a color photograph of each prepared dish. The book was the culmination of their marriage; a Southern Kentucky girl married to a New Jersey Italian guy and happily eating together for thirty-five years. Together, they have created and developed a series of children's books, inspired by their Celestial Blue Parrotlet pet bird, Terry. First in this series is Terry The Tiny Parrot, a rhyming verse Picture book with color pencil illustrations intended as a First Reader for Preschool age children. This is followed by Terry The Tiny Parrot My Granny And Me, a rhyming verse Picture book with color pencil illustrations intended for Elementary school age children. The third in the series, Terry The Tiny Parrot's Big Adventure is a Chapter book for elementary school age children, based on a true story. Their next book will be about their pet cat, Spunky The Cat With A Heart, a rhyming verse Picture book for Elementary school age children.
- Author(s)Stephen Lebar
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anna Lebar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.