All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNikola Tesla today is largely unkwn and overlooked among the great scientists of the modern era. While Thomas Edison, the most famous inventor in American history, gets all the glory for discovering the light bulb. But it was his one-time assistant and life-long arch nemesis, Tesla, who made the breakthrough in alternating current electricity. Edison and Tesla carried on a bitter feud for years, but it was Tesla's AC generators that illuminated the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago under artificial light. Today all homes and electrical appliances run on Tesla's AC current. 120 years ago, they were billed as the 'Twin Wizards of Electricity', here Nigel Cawthorne chronicles the life and times of the two great men to help us finally decide just who really is the Electric King- Edison or Tesla?
- Author BiographyNigel Cawthorne is the author of over a 160 books, from serious political works such as The Iron Cage to lightweight comic romps such as Sex Lives of the Popes. He's well versed in all forms of facts and trivia of the historical, musical, and pop-culture variety, so there is plenty for everyone to enjoy.
- Author(s)Nigel Cawthorne
- PublisherCrestline Books
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrestline Books
- Content Note16 color & 16 b-w photos
- Weight907 g
- Width193 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.