All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTess is pony mad but her mum can't afford riding lessons. When a group of travellers come to live in the village, Tess secretly visits their horses. As she makes friends with some of the gypsy families, Tess moves closer to living her dream and becoming a talented rider. But there's a lot of local hostility towards the travellers and when she finally confesses what she's been doing, Tess is shunned by her school friends and her mum forbids her to visit the gypsy site again. Unless she can begin to break down barriers there's chance that Tess will ever fulfill her dream. The series The Travellers is based on real life situations and follows what happens when a group of Romany gypsies come to live in a newly created council site on the edge of a village. Romany traditions and history are subtly woven into these fast moving stories and each one is told from the viewpoint of a different character.
- Author BiographyRosemary Hayes has written numerous books for children, many of which have been shortlisted for awards. She worked for Cambridge University Press and ran her own small educational publishing company, Anglia Young Books, specializing in curriculum-related historical fiction. She is currently a reader for a well known authors' advisory service and also runs creative writing workshops.
- Author(s)Rosemary Hayes
- PublisherRansom Publishing
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTravellers
- Place of PublicationWatlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRansom Publishing
- Weight115 g
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.