All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionEuropean Mennite historians tell the history of the Anabaptist church in Europe, which includes the Mennites. From the 16th century Reformation movement to modern European churches, which, while declining in membership, are also reinvigorated by faith and hope. The Anabaptist movement had its beginning in scattered places throughout Europe during the 16th century. Today these Anabaptist-descended Mennite churches are declining in membership, but they are t without reinvigorated faith and hope. Frequent wars during the past 480 years strained these Mennite churches immeasurably, especially when their governments battled each other. This volume recounts those torturous and formative experiences. Seldom have the distinguishing features of the Dutch, the French, the German, the Swiss, the Russian -- and more recently, the U.K. and the Spanish-Mennite churches been examined. These churches' cultural and historical differences are significantly unique, and they are a key part of the history told in these chapters by European Mennite historians and church leaders. The Umsiedler, with their sheer numbers and religious vigor, are a current force included in this ongoing story. Testing Faith and Tradition is the second volume in the Global Mennite History Series.
- Author BiographyJohn A. Lapp was professor of history for many years at Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA. Later in his career, he served as Dean of Goshen (IN) College. He is Executive Secretary Emeritus of Mennonite Central Committee, the global relief and service organization. He is Coordinator and Co-General Editor of the Global Mennonite History Series.
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleGlobal Mennonite History: Asia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byC Arnold Snyder,John A Lapp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.