Texas Almanac 2012-2013 by Texas State Historical Association,U.S. (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1857, the Texas Almanac has a long history of chronicling the Lone Star State and its residents. The Almanac's 66th edition is printed in full color and includes hundreds of photographs from every region of the state. Color maps of the state and each of its 254 counties show relief, major and mir roads, waterways, parks, and other attractions. Each county map is accompanied by a profile outlining that county's history, physical features, recreation, population, and ecomy. Special features in the 66th Edition include: - An article on the birth of the Austin music scene and the influence on it by legendary musician Willie Nelson, written by Nelson biographer Joe Nick Patoski. The Austin music scene is recognized worldwide through Austin City Limits, the longest running music program on American television. - A history of the Civil War in Texas to mark the 150th year since the beginning of that conflict. Composed by Texana writer Mike Cox, the article highlights the unique aspects of the war in Texas, such as the Great Hanging at Gainesville and the Battle of Palmito Ranch. - Newly released 2010 population figures. - A complete history of voter turut in Texas going back to 1866. - A history of professional football in Texas. - Comprehensive lists of high school football and basketball championships, Texas Olympians, and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductees.The Texas Almanac 2012-2013 includes articles and data about: - history and government - population and demographics - the natural environment - sports and recreation - business and transportation - oil and minerals - agriculture - science and health - education - culture and the arts - obituaries of table Texans - pronunciation guide to town and county names
- Author BiographyELIZABETH CRUCE ALVAREZ is a journalist and editor who has worked in both newspaper and textbook publishing. She lives in Southlake, Texas. She has served as Texas Almanac editor since 2002. Journalist and editor ROBERT PLOCHECK is a native of Houston who was raised in Damon and now lives in Denton. He has worked as the Almanac's associated editor since 1994.
- PublisherTexas State Historical Association,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleTexas Almanac
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas State Historical Association,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight1132 g
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Cruce Alvarez,Robert Plocheck
- Edition Statement66th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.