All listings for this product
About this product
With almost two hundred pages of original demographic and health-related maps that display county-by-county and regional information covering everything from the distribution of pharmacies, trauma centers, and emergency rooms to the number of lung, colon, and breast cancer patients in major metropolitan areas (by ZIP code), the Texas Health Atlas provides an indispensable tool for healthcare providers and planners, risk managers, public officials and policymakers, public health workers, and university researchers and students.
The authors have mined an immense array of previously scattered information and created a singular resource that provides a geographical perspective on the state's health care system, medical services, insidious diseases, harmful behaviors, and health disparities among various segments of its population.
At a time when nearly a quarter of the 25 million people who live in Texas do t have health insurance--giving Texas the highest uninsured rate of any state--and as policymakers and legislators struggle with rising costs, an aging citizenry, and the prospect of more uncertainties for the healthcare system in the years ahead, the need for quick access to accurate information is greater than ever. Texas Health Atlas provides valuable insights that can guide the decisions needed for the state's ecomic wellbeing and the improved health of its citizens.
- Author Biography
Lawrence E. Estaville is a professor of geography at Texas State University. He has published six books (three as author or co-author; three as editor or co-editor), including the Texas Water Atlas (with Richard A. Earl) published by Texas A&M University Press in 2008.
Kristine Egan is a senior GIS analyst for the City of San Antonio and a geography lecturer at the University of Texas at San Antonio. She served as production manager for the Texas Water Atlas.
Abel Galaviz, the medical consultant for this book, is a surgeon in San Marcos.
- Author(s)Abel Galaviz,Kristine Egan,Lawrence E. Estaville
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Notecol. maps
- Weight1134 g
- Width218 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byNancy W. Dickey,Marcos J. De Lima
Save on Other
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $126.82
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.45
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $65.68
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.09
- AU $21.47Trending at AU $21.87
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $41.11
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.08