Texas Politics 2015-2016: Ideal and Reality: 2014-2015 by Charldean Newell, James W. Riddlesperger, David Prindle (Mixed media product, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $286.86+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $347.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTEXAS POLITICS: IDEAL AND REALITY critically compares Texas government and politics to the concepts of democratic theory by raising three main themes: democratic ideals, conservatism, and conflict.
- Author BiographyCharldean Newell, a Fort Worth native (Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin), is also the co-author of THE EFFECTIVE LOCAL GOVERNMENT MANAGER (ICMA Press, 2004) and CITY EXECUTIVES (SUNY Press, 1989), and recently edited MANAGING LOCAL GOVERNMENT: CASES IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT EFFECTIVENESS (ICMA Press, 2009). She has received four national awards: honorary lifetime membership in the International City/County Management Association, the Staats Career Public Service Award from the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration, the Donald C. Stone Award in intergovernmental relations from the American Society for Public Administration, and elective membership in the National Academy of Public Administration. Her 37 years at the University of North Texas included awards from students, colleagues, and alumni. David Prindle (Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology) has published research in the areas of voting and parties, energy policy, the presidency, and the politics of the entertainment media. His first book, PETROLEUM POLITICS AND THE TEXAS RAILROAD COMMISSION, won the V.O. Key, Jr. Award, given by the Southern Political Science Association to the best book on Southern politics. He also has written THE POLITICS OF GLAMOUR: IDEOLOGY AND DEMOCRACY IN THE SCREEN ACTORS GUILD and RISKY BUSINESS: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF HOLLYWOOD. Professor Prindle is a past recipient of both the Allen Shivers Award for the best teacher in the MIT Department of Government and the Harry Ransom Award for Teaching Excellence, given to the best teacher in the MIT College of Liberal Arts. James W. Riddlesperger, Jr. (Ph.D., University of Missouri) is Professor of Political Science at Texas Christian University (TCU). A native of Denton, he has taught American politics, with interests in Texas politics, Congress, and the presidency, at TCU since 1982. An award-winning teacher, his publications include the co-edited PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP AND CIVIL RIGHTS POLICY (Greenwood Press, 1995), winner of the Aaron Wildavsky book award. A frequent consultant to the news media concerning politics and elections, he also serves as a question leader and a faculty consultant to the College Board's AP U.S. Government exam.
- Author(s)Charldean Newell,David Prindle,James W. Riddlesperger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement13th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.