Texas on the Table: People, Places, and Recipes Celebrating the Flavors of the Lone Star State by Terry Thompson-Anderson (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a bounty of locally grown meats and produce, artisanal cheeses, and a flourishing wine culture, it's a luscious time to be cooking in Texas. From restaurant chefs to home cooks, Texans are going to local dairies, orchards, farmers' markets, ranches, vineyards, and seafood sellers to buy the very freshest ingredients, whether we're cooking traditional favorites or the latest haute cuisine. We've discovered that Texas terroir-our rich variety of climates and soils, as well as our diverse ethnic cultures-creates a unique taste of place that gives Texas food a flavor all its own. Written by one of Texas's leading cookbook authors, Terry Thompson-Anderson, Texas on the Table presents 150 new and classic recipes, along with stories of the people-farmers, ranchers, shrimpers, cheesemakers, winemakers, and chefs-who inspired so many of them and who are changing the taste of Texas food. The recipes span the full range from finger foods and first courses to soups and breads, salads, seafood, chicken, meat (including wild game), sides and vegetarian dishes, and sweets. Some of the recipes come from the state's most rewned chefs, and all are user-friendly for home cooks. Finally, the authors and winemakers tell which recipes they turn to when opening their favorite wines. This delicious compilation of recipes and stories of the people behind them, illustrated with Sandy Wilson's beautiful photographs, makes Texas on the Table the must-have cookbook for everyone who relishes the flavors of the Lone Star State.
- Author BiographyTerry Thompson-Anderson is the author of several previous cookbooks, including the best-selling Cajun-Creole Cooking, Texas on the Plate, The Texas Hill Country: A Food and Wine Lover's Paradise, and Don Strange of Texas: His Life and Recipes, coauthored with Frances Strange. She also writes a regular wine feature for Edible Austin magazine. Thompson-Anderson has taught over 20,000 students at cooking schools all over the country and does restaurant/wine consulting and cooking events around Texas. Sandy Wilson is a longtime member of the American Society of Media Photographers, and her work has been featured in Working Cowboys with artist Mark Kohler, in Texas photography exhibits, and in many corporate annual reports. She was the photographer for The Texas Hill Country: A Food and Wine Lover's Paradise.
- Author(s)Terry Thompson-Anderson
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note189 color and 14 b&w photos
- Weight681 g
- Width214 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Photographer(s)Sandy Wilson
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.