Text Savvy: Using a Shared Reading Framework to Build Comprehension, Grades 3-6 by Sarah Daunis, Maria Cassiani Iams (Paperback / softback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat strikes me about this wonderful book is that the authors t only tell us what they did in their classrooms, they make sure that we kw how to do what they did. At the end of this book, you will kw exactly why weekly shared reading works and how to do it in your classroom.-Janet Angelillo Author of Writing About Reading If only upper-elementary teachers had a tool like shared reading that supports the comprehension work their students do in reading workshop and read-aloud-one that helps children transition from teacher-led instruction to independent work. In fact, they do, because with minimal adjustments shared reading can be just as effective in grades 3-6 as it is in the primary grades. Text Savvy shows you how to make it work in your classroom. Text Savvy helps you implement a consistent, manageable, shared reading framework with the sophistication and wider variety of entry points that upper-elementary students need. Sarah Daunis and Maria Cassiani Iams present a five-day shared reading structure-called weekly shared reading-that engages students' foundational reading skills and helps them build on what they've learned. Best of all, weekly shared reading is an ideal approach to studying genres as well as an opportunity for consistently supporting reading skills across the content areas. With weekly shared reading, Text Savvy introduces you to a powerful teaching and learning tool that can change how you approach many aspects of your teaching. Let Daunis and Iams show you how weekly shared reading can:
- help students integrate five essential reading skills in order to understand a variety of texts in a variety of genres
- actually make additional time for student assessment by introducing the power and possibilities of assessing on the run
- support classrooms with a wide range of readers, learning styles, and proficiencies
- offer substantial support to students in test preparation and test taking
- give learners new entrees into the content of the subject areas and give teachers a smart framework to use throughout the curriculum.
- Author(s)Maria Cassiani Iams,Sarah Daunis
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication03/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.