Textbook of Administrative Psychiatry: New Concepts for a Changing Behavioral Health System by American Psychiatric Association Publishing (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $144.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's practice of psychiatric administration is totally different from that in past years because of the vast changes sweeping the health care and behavioral health care sectors. Reflecting these changes, this completely revamped second edition contains all-new chapters by 68 contributors (most new to this edition). This definitive textbook provides the practitioner and student of administration in behavioral healthcare with an up-to-date compendium focused on five central issues that represent the framework of the debate that will guide the evolution of behavioral health care during the next few years * An overview of the evolving behavioral health system, from the rich legacy of the community mental health movement mandated by federal legislation in the 1960s to today's paradigm, which is instead driven by the marketplace phemena of managed care, information systems, and consumer empowerment.* Core and new administrative psychiatry concepts and new roles for behavioral health players, including organizational theories, leadership requirements, planning models, and information system solutions, as well as new models of program evaluation and quality management and invations in training and human resource development.* How selected behavioral health systems are changing and the trend toward integrated systems, addressing the challenge of delivery system configuration and integrated service delivery as the system evolves from cost-based fee for service to managed care settings, as well as important new roles for psychiatric administrators in behavioral health network establishment and maintenance, staffing, capitated financing, population-based care, and outcome management.* A comprehensive overview of the current system, from hospitals (including VA and military services) to county mental health departments, child and family service agencies, and HMOs, with new roles for everyone -- psychiatrists, administrators, and mental health clinicians as well as consumers and their families -- in the consumer-focused health care systems of the future.* Law and ethics, which includes prisons and civil law issues and considers the special challenge of working within a field where invation, science, and the marketplace are running well ahead of the legal and bioethics communities. Offering an in-depth study of areas never before covered, this extensively referenced volume concludes with a discussion of future issues in administrative psychiatry, as the disruptive techlogies that forced the restructuring of banking, automobile manufacturing, consumer electronics, and other industries start to have an impact on health care. Broad in appeal as well as scope, this unique reference will find a worldwide audience -- from administrators facing the challenges of designing and administering a cost-efficient, effective care system to trainees studying for certification, and nearly everyone in between: from social workers to medical directors, staff psychiatrists, nurses, and middle managers of private and public psychiatric hospitals and behavioral health managed care organizations.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight1442 g
- Width152 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJohn A. Talbott,Robert E. Hales
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.31Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.