All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow published in its Second Edition, the Textbook of Clinical Trials offers detailed coverage of trial methodology in diverse areas of medicine in a single comprehensive volume. Praise for the First Edition: ...very useful as an introduction to clinical research, or for those planning specific studies within therapeutic or disease areas. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY, Vol. 92, No. 2, February 2005 The book's main concept is to describe the impact of clinical trials on the practice of medicine. It separates the information by therapeutic area because the impact of clinical trials, the problems encountered, and the numbers of trials in existence vary tremendously from specialty to specialty. The sections provide a background to the disease area and general clinical trial methodology before concentrating on particular problems experienced in that area. Specific examples are used throughout to address these issues. The Textbook of Clinical Trials, Second Edition: * Highlights the various ways clinical trials have influenced the practice of medicine in many therapeutic areas * Describes the challenges posed by those conducting clinical trials over a range of medical specialities and allied fields * Additional therapeutic areas are included in this Second Edition to fill gaps in the First Edition as the number and complexity of trials increases in this rapidly developing area * Newly covered or updated in the Second Edition: general surgery, plastic surgery, aesthetic surgery, palliative care, primary care, anaesthesia and pain, transfusion, wound healing, maternal and perinatal health, early termination, organ transplants, ophthalmology, epilepsy, infectious disease, neuro-oncology, adrenal, thyroid and urological cancers, as well as a chapter on the Cochrane network An invaluable resource for pharmaceutical companies, the Textbook of Clinical Trials, Second Edition appeals to those working in contract research organizations, medical departments and in the area of public health and health science alike.
- Author BiographyDavid Machin, Division of Clinical Trials and Epidemiological Sciences, National Cancer Centre, Singapore. Simon Day, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, London, UK. Sylvan Green, Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1824 g
- Width195 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byDavid Machin,Simon Day,Sylvan Green
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.