All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Textbook of Pediatric Psychosomatic Medicine provides a comprehensive, empirically based kwledge of assessment and treatment issues in children and adolescents with physical illness. Scholarly, authoritative, and evidence based, it is the first volume of its kind and will help to define the field going forward. Addressing a very wide range of medical subspecialties, this volume is a first step for researchers who want to obtain a review of the psychiatric issues in their respective specialties. In addition, the book offers many special features, including; An exceptionally strong section on psychopharmacology in the medical setting, which is complemented by a comprehensive set of reference tables on psychopharmacological agents, including doses, side effects, and indications for use in the physically ill child. Definitive chapters on less commonly reviewed topics that are of particular relevance for clinicians who treat physically ill children, including pediatric palliative care, Munchausen syndrome by proxy, and pediatric feeding disorders. Coverage of key legal and forensic issues in pediatric psychosomatic medicine. Presentation of material in graphical and tabular formats for maximal usefulness, including templates of specific questions for assessing common psychiatric symptoms and flowcharts illustrating step-by-step approaches to pain and somatoform disorders. Relevance to a broad range of professionals, including psychiatrists, pediatricians, psychologists, nurses, medical students, and social workers who work with children in medical settings. May be adopted as a textbook for psychology undergraduate classes, social work internships, and both general and child psychiatry residency training programs. The editors are recognized both nationally and internationally as being among the foremost experts for their respective fields, and they have assembled the leading practitioners of pediatric psychosomatic medicine to create this volume. The only complete text on pediatric psychosomatic medicine, this volume is destined to prove seminal in the field and indispensable in the clinician's library.
- Author BiographyRichard J. Shaw, M.B., B.S., is Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics in the Division of Child Psychiatry at Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, and Medical Director of the Pediatric Psychiatry Consult Service at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto, California. David R. DeMaso, M.D., is Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Chairman of Psychiatry, and Leon Eisenberg Chair in Psychiatry at Children's Hospital Boston and Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note16 line drawings, 99 tables
- Weight1760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDavid R. DeMaso,Richard J. Shaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.