Textbook of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery: v. 1&2 by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Mixed media product, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $422.48+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ajd2027
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume covers stereotactic principles and functional stereotaxis. Amongst the stereotactic principles are discussions of frame-based and frameless systems of stereotaxis, image guidance stereotaxis, atlases and the technical aspects of radiosurgery. Within functional neurosurgery, disorders covered include the diagsis and management of pain, epilepsy, movement disorders and the rediscovered field of surgery for psychiatric disorders.
- Author BiographyAndres Lozano, MD, PhD, FRCS, FACS is a 1983 graduate of the Ottawa Faculty of Medicine. He trained in Neurosurgy at McGill University and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada in 1990, also earning a PhD in Experimental Medicine in during his residency. He studied stereotactic and functional neurosurgery under Dr. Ron Tasker, at the Toronto Western Hospital, and joined the Neurosurgical Staff at Toronto Western in 1991. He is Professor in the Department of Surgery, and inaugural holder of the Ron Tasker Chair in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery at the University Health Networks. Dr. Lozano's awards include a Gold Medal in Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada, the Penfield Award, the Jasper Award, the McKenzie Award, the George Armstrong Peters Award, the Colin Woolf Award and Montreal Neurological Institute Fellows Award. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Ronald Tasker, Professor Emeritus of Surgery, is a world-renowned neurosurgeon who is known as a caring physician, a teacher and a mentor. His meticulous study of the human brain's deepest centers has broadened the understanding of and improved the quality of life for people living with Parkinson's disease and other forms of tremor, involuntary movement and chronic pain. Professor Tasker is a member of many international societies. Philip L. Gildenberg, M.D., Ph.D. received a B.A. degree in Physiology from the University of Pennsylvania in 1955, his M.D. and M.S. in Neurophysiology from Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia, PA in 1959 followed by a Ph.D. in Neurophysiology from Temple in 1970. He is Director of Houston Stereotactic Concepts, Clinical Professor of Surgery (Neurosurgery) and Clinical Professor of Radiology (Radiation Oncology) at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Gildenberg retired from the clinical practice of neurosurgery in October 2001. He is the Past-President of the World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note232 black & white tables, biography
- Weight6849 g
- Width203 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine130 mm
- Edited byAndres M. Lozano,Philip L. Gildenberg,Ronald R. Tasker
- Contained items statementContains Book and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.