All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTextiles and Human Thermophysiological Comfort in the Indoor Environment delivers a methodical assessment of textile structures for various applications in the indoor environment with respect to the thermophysiological comfort of the inhabitants. The book begins by offering an overview of the role of indoor textiles and clothing as a barrier between the environment and the human body, and then: * Explores the use of textiles as an insulation barrier, examining the relationships between textiles and the environment, and textiles and the human body * Details an experimental study of heat and mass transfer processes through woven textiles with different applications in the indoor environment * Describes a numerical investigation of the transport of air and heat through woven fabrics by means of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) * Develops, applies, and verifies an original approach for simulating the woven macrostructure as a jet system, presenting proven results * Evaluates thermophysiological comfort under the influence of indoor environmental parameters, clothing insulation, and activity Textiles and Human Thermophysiological Comfort in the Indoor Environment provides a valuable reference for students and researchers working in the area of clothing comfort.
- Author BiographyRadostina A. Angelova holds an M.Sc in textiles and clothing (1994), a Ph.D in technology of textile materials (2001), and a D.Sc in technology of textile materials (2015). She is currently an associated professor in the Department of Textiles and an associate researcher in the Centre for Research and Design in Human Comfort, Energy, and Environment (CERDECEN) at the Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria. Dr. Angelova lectures on spinning technologies and machines, weaving technologies and machines, and the design of yarns and fabrics. She has authored five books and more than 100 papers.
- Author(s)Radostina A. Angelova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note180 black & white illustrations, 65 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.