All listings for this product
About this product
- Description[This collection] is distinguished by its wide range and the care which has clearly gone into the selection of texts for inclusion. . . . Attention has understandably been focused on what might be called the religious aspects of Islam, such as scripture, theology, sects, law, ritual and mysticism, but within those limits the texts chosen are marked by substantially of content, by geographical, chrological and social diversity, and by an intelligent use of less well kwn authors. . . . An excellent starting point for a systematic and analytical examination of Islam. -G. R. Hawting, Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies
- Author BiographyAndrew Rippin is professor of religious studies at the University of Calgary. Jan Knappert was senior fellow in the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. John R. Hinnells is professor of comparative religion in the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. He is the author of Handbook of Living Religions and editor of the Penguin Dictionary of Religions.
- Author(s)Jan Knappert,Professor Andrew Rippin
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1990
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleTextual Sources for the Study of Religion S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.