All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis series aims to meet a fundamental need in the study of religions, namely that for new, reliable translations of major texts. Each volume in the series covers a wide range of literature, including liturgy and legend, folklore and faith, mysticism and modern thought, political issues, poetry and popular writings. Attention is paid to daily religious life as exemplified in worship or in law, as well as to great movements of thought. The translations are accompanied by generous antation, glosses, and explanations, thus providing valuable aids to understanding the special characeer of each religion.
- Author BiographyMary Boyce is Emeritus Professor of Iranian Studies at the University of London. John R. Hinnells is professor of comparative religion in the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. He is the author of Handbook of Living Religions and editor of the Penguin Dictionary of Religions.
- Author(s)Mary Boyce
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1990
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleTextual Sources for the Study of Religion S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight283 g
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementReprinted edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.