All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book analyses how David Lodge's Changing Places and Small World relate to the sphere of the intimate in the decades in which they were written, published and read. The analysis of the vels is preceded by an approach to Lodge's work and a theoretical section which looks at the concept of intimacy, the evolution of intimate practices in the sixties, seventies and eighties and the connections between intimacy and literary genre. This leads on to a study of Changing Places and Small World in their intimate contexts and an exploration of their links with the genres of comedy and romance. The author uncovers significant ideological differences between the two vels, which have often been lumped together by the critics.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Barbara Arizti teaches English Literature at the University of Zaragoza, Spain. She has published several articles and book chapters on David Lodge and other contemporary authors.
- Author(s)Barbara Arizti
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnglo-Amerikanische Studien - Anglo-American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.